9 Benefits of Minimizing Your Space
Most Americans have too much stuff, and even though many of us know this, we continue to buy more things that we don’t need (or things we…
Most Americans have too much stuff, and even though many of us know this, we continue to buy more things that we don’t need (or things we think we want). This cycle continues indefinitely for many until they have a house similar to ones you see on hoarding shows — or something close to it.
De-cluttering your space and minimizing your consumption will not only benefit your budget and long term financial status, but engaging in these activities, will also benefit your overall well-being.
9 benefits of de-cluttering your space:
1. Avoid simple everyday messes — which take up your time — that occur in the home due to having so much junk.
2. Think more clearly.
3. Be less stressed.
4. Create a refreshing vibe for your space, which will uplift your spirit.
5. Avoid holding onto things that have little to no purpose in your life, which can make your spirit feel heavy.
6. Help decrease the participation of consumerism in America.
7. All of the things that you give away will benefit someone else who has less than you. #Give
8. By replacing your tendency to consume you can now focus on aspects of your life which hold more value (e.g. relationships, health, memorable experiences, etc.).
9. Increase your happiness by 10%.