“Being in love” is fantasized and desired by many, but what does being in love mean?
1. Uncontrollable desire and love that is felt between two people?
2. Raging and obsessive feelings of adoration?
3. Consistent pondering and dreaming of your lover?
4. The incapability to live without your lover?
5. Neglecting any previous relationships (all types) you had before you met your lover?
6. Focusing only on your lover and nothing else or anyone else?
7. Losing your identity in the process of being in love?
What if being in love is simpler than all of these potentialities?
What if being in love is simply:
– being happy
– loving your best friend
– trusting one another with every granular and grand detail about each other
– living life together taking on new and old adventures (whether simple or grand)
– enjoying the mundane, the monotonous, and the simple things in life with an ordinary, yet very special person whom you can co-habitate with in peace, while enjoying most of every second of it.
What if being in love is remembering how grateful you are and how grateful you should always be because:
– You finally found someone you can call your equal.
– You finally found someone you can communicate with openly–without a filter.
– You finally found someone you can laugh with and be yourself with.
What if being in love is: two people who unconditionally love and accept one another without trying to change each other at any point? What if being in love feels deeper and completely different than a fleeting, unpredictable, flighty, and uncontrollable feeling–like infatuation? What if being in love is being aware of your feelings and feeling not only with your heart, but feeling with your mind as well? What if being in love is gazing upon the stars, sunrise, and sunset with someone without saying a word, but feeling like everything is being said–with a feeling of deep content? What if being in love is never losing your identity in the process of falling in love, but expanding your identity, learning more about yourself, continually growing and developing into a more defined human being each and every day?
What if being in love is an extravagant miracle which feels ordinarily simple…so simple it’s elusive?